It is important to get home insurance in Singapore, whether you are occupying it yourself or renting it out to tenants. Insuring your home allows you to afford a certain peace of mind. Apart from covering your property, insurance also provides safety to furniture, renovations and belongings that you have spent time and money on.
There are a number of benefits that come along with getting your home insured, which make all the time and effort you put into selecting the perfect plan worth it. Come, let’s take a look at why getting home insurance in Singapore is important and how it can benefit you.
Protection From Acts of God
As much as you might want it to be perfectly safe, your property is not immune to a number of natural factors. No one knows when disaster can strike and lay waste to all that your hard earned money, time and effort has gotten you.
The idea of all that getting destroyed in the blink of an eye is truly terrifying. Unfortunately, you can’t do much to stop these natural phenomena from happening.
One of the benefits of getting your home insured is that you are covered against damage to your property from a number of natural disasters like earthquakes, storms, floods, etc. In such cases, insurance can help you recover all or a good portion of the losses that you have incurred and make the rebuilding process easier.
Cover Damage to the House
It is the most infuriating feeling to have to cover the expenses of damages incurred due to someone else’s actions. Apart from protecting the home from natural disasters, home insurance also covers you in the case of damages done by a third party.
These insurance policies have specific provisions for incidents like theft, fire, vandalism, etc. Further, many insurance providers also have clauses which cover the damage or loss of your belongings.
Protect More Than Just Your Home
By getting insured, you can protect more than just the physical structure of your property. Home insurance has provisions to protect any renovations, fittings, building fixtures, etc. Apart from this, some of the other protection benefits are:
- It provides protection to you in case something happens in your house that you are legally liable for as a homeowner.
- If for some reason, your home becomes inhabitable, you may be entitled to an alternative accommodation.
- Some insurance plans provide compensation for medical expenses you incur on accidents occurring on your property.
- Some insurance providers also extend cover to any pets in the house. However, the important thing to know is that it may be limited to certain breeds.
- You can also get insured in case something happens to your domestic help or her belongings while in your property.
- A comprehensive home insurance also provides cover for the belongings of guests in your house
- There are some insurance providers who also provide protection for cyber theft of property. This is specifically designed to compensate you for problems like identity theft, credit card fraud, and other cyber crimes.
Enjoy Peace of Mind
In this volatile environment, there are a number of things that might happen to your property. It is easy to get paranoid about it, especially if you’ve poured your life savings and years of effort into making your dream home.
Getting your property insured under a policy, allows you to relax to a certain extent. You can enjoy peace of mind knowing that you are liable to be reimbursed or covered under a number of different situations.
Getting a comprehensive home insurance can protect you from a lot of unforeseen situations. It is always better to be safe than sorry. Having said that, you shouldn’t just blindly insure yourself against everything under the sun. The important thing to note is that some of the things mentioned here may not be part of basic plans, and you might have to pay extra for them. So, as always, it is advisable to read the policy documents carefully and decide what you want to get insured for.