2 January 2014
The JW Marriott (NASDAQ: MAR) Marquis Dubai said it has won 15 international industry and media awards in its first year of operation.
The winning streak began for the new hotel in Dubai with the Guinness Book of World Records Award for World´s Tallest Hotel this time last year and went from strength to strength scooping multiple media awards from publications such as Business Traveller Middle East, Time Out Dubai, Cherry Pick Dubai, Black Hat Guide, What´s On, Pro Chef and international travel publication, Travel & Leisure.
In the second half of the year, Emirates owned JW Marriott Marquis Dubai was also awarded a number of international titles — International Hotel Awards Best Hotel 5 Award, Best Convention Hotel 5 Award, Best New Hotel Construction & Design 5 Award and World Travel Awards World´s Leading New Hotel, both for the region and globally.
Chef de Cuisine Tyson Podolski was named Meat Chef of the Year 2013 for his work in the boutique Dubai steakhouse Prime 68. Chef de Cuisine Amrish Sood is also currently shortlisted as Chef of the Year with BBC Good Food, in the JW Marriott´s Marquis Indian restaurant Rang Mahal by Atul Kochhar. Rang Mahal is shortlisted as Restaurant of the Year with BBC Good Food, which would be another notch on the belt of Michelin starred Chef Atul Kochhar.
The full list of 2013 awards is:
1. Guinness Book of World Records World´s Tallest Hotel
2. Business Traveller Middle East Best New Business Hotel
3. World Travel Awards Middle East´s Leading New Hotel
4. Travel & Leisure 2013 Best New Hotel IT List
5. Time Out Dubai Best New Bar Award – Vault
6. Cherry Pick Dubai Award for Prime 68
7. Black Hat Award Rang Mahal
8. Black Hat Award Prime 68
9. International Hotel Awards Best Hotel 5* Award
10. International Hotel Awards Best Convention Hotel 5* Award
11. International Hotel Awards Best New Hotel Construction & Design 5* Award
12. Middle East PR Association (MEPRA) Best Integrated Campaign – JWMMD Opening
13. What´s On Awards Best International Restaurant – Kitchen 6
14. Pro Chef Awards Meat Chef of the Year – Prime 68 Chef de Cuisine, Tyson Podolski
15. World Travel Awards World´s Leading New Hotel
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International´s luxury portfolio and consists of beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. Currently, there are 55 JW Marriott hotels in 23 countries; by 2015 the portfolio will encompass 78 properties in 28 countries. For more information or reservations, visit www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit www.marriottnewscenter.com.
JW Marriott Marquis Dubai wins 15 awards in first year of opening
2 January 2014